To say its been a busy month would be an understatement! All this jet setting isn't all its made out to be. My head doesn't know if its 'sleep time', 'wake up time' or time for 'a good ol' S**T time'. My suitcase has been packed and unpacked for various weather zones; shorts....long johns ....socks.... flip flops...what next!
As I write this we are living in a cabin on the side of a jungle mountain overlooking lake Arenal, that is when we can see it; you see we have been here two days and the weather (like my head) is a little confused. The sun pops its head out for about a millisecond and all is good, we see the lake, the birds find their food, dogs get to go pee, the cat comes out from under the bed covers and most of all my heart flutters as I look over a scene that is something out of an Attenborough documentary!
The millisecond is over, the sky turns a dark shade of Grey, tendrils of mist seem to reach out from the jungle floor as it meets the clouds. Birds and all kinds of other mysterious wildlife run for cover. The rain starts as a fine wet mist and ever so gradually turns into a noisy massive downpour building up in crescendo like Beethoven symphony gone awry.
'Wet', seems to be the way of life here; we wake up a little damp even our thoughts are damp probably has something to do with the thumping rain on the roof. Our kitchen is downstairs, Oh yes the stairs are on the outside, hmm what a nice touch, I feel so healthy and in touch with nature as I make my morning coffee, 'soaked to the skin'. We have made the beautiful hike down to the lake a couple of times, through the Tanagerine groves swarming with parrotts of all description, they even have peacocks here, a particular delight for our dogs. A trick we have learned is; keep moving or the inevitable sinking into the mud thing starts. I just get this feeling if I stand in one place long enough and sink sufficiently into the afore mentioned mud and judging by the moss build up on everything if I might actually start to sprout!
Only days ago and a few times zones hither, England and my head was were it was at, the rain there seems like a wee dampness, 'a holiday in the sun' compared to our home in the cloud forest. Canada only weeks ago with its frosty nights and colourful days actually seem like an eon away. 'Home is where you hang your hat' has always been my slogan however, 'home' has come to be, for me at least a strange, long lost, 'tug of the heart' now reconciled.
Must go the sun has been out for several milliseconds I have to move the car a strange moss is starting to grow from the tires.
No comments:
Post a Comment